Veritas NetBackup™ 5230 Appliance and Storage Shelf Product Description
- Product overview
- Technical specifications, standards, and compliance information
- Appendix A. About the optional Veritas 2U12 49TB Storage Shelf
- Components of the Veritas 2U12 49TB Storage Shelf
- Veritas 2U12 49TB Storage Shelf front panel components
- Veritas 2U12 49TB Storage Shelf rear components
About the FC HBA port configurations
The NetBackup 5230 appliance add-in cards are available in five configurations. Several configurations include one FC HBA card for VMware, Optimized Deduplication over FC, or tape library connectivity.
Configurations D and E support FTMS. In these configurations Port 1 on each FC HBA card (1) in slots 5 and 6 are configured in Target mode by default when SAN Client Fibre Transport is enabled. Port 2 in slots 5 and 6 and all of the other FC ports are configured in Initiator mode.
All configurations support the appliance to work as a replication target for Optimized Duplication and Auto Image Replication. For more information about available HBA cards for target port use, refer to the NetBackup Appliance Fibre Channel Guide.