Veritas NetBackup™ 5230 Appliance and Storage Shelf Product Description
- Product overview
- Technical specifications, standards, and compliance information
- Appendix A. About the optional Veritas 2U12 49TB Storage Shelf
- Components of the Veritas 2U12 49TB Storage Shelf
- Veritas 2U12 49TB Storage Shelf front panel components
- Veritas 2U12 49TB Storage Shelf rear components
Multi-Mode fiber optic cable
The NetBackup Appliance communicates with the Fibre Channel switch through a multi-mode fiber optic cable. One end of the multi-mode fiber optic cable connects to the 10GE service network port or the Fibre Channel port. The other end of the cable connects to the Fibre Channel switch or other devices. The two ends of the multi-mode fiber optic cable are LC connectors.
Fiber optic cables require Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP+) transceivers, which are provided with each device having Fibre Channel ports. The diagram shows the SFP, labeled 1, and the fiber optic cable which is attached to it, labeled 2.
Supported SFPs are listed: