Veritas NetBackup™ Deduplication Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup media server deduplication option
- Planning your deployment
- About MSDP storage and connectivity requirements
- About NetBackup media server deduplication
- About NetBackup Client Direct deduplication
- About MSDP remote office client deduplication
- About MSDP performance
- MSDP deployment best practices
- Provisioning the storage
- Licensing deduplication
- Configuring deduplication
- Configuring the Deduplication Multi-Threaded Agent behavior
- Configuring the MSDP fingerprint cache behavior
- Configuring MSDP fingerprint cache seeding on the storage server
- About MSDP Encryption using KMS service
- Configuring a storage server for a Media Server Deduplication Pool
- Configuring a disk pool for deduplication
- Configuring a Media Server Deduplication Pool storage unit
- About MSDP optimized duplication within the same domain
- Configuring MSDP optimized duplication within the same NetBackup domain
- Configuring MSDP replication to a different NetBackup domain
- About NetBackup Auto Image Replication
- Configuring a target for MSDP replication to a remote domain
- Creating a storage lifecycle policy
- Resilient Network properties
- Editing the MSDP pd.conf file
- About protecting the MSDP catalog
- Configuring an MSDP catalog backup
- Configuring deduplication to the cloud with NetBackup Cloud Catalyst
- Using NetBackup Cloud Catalyst to upload deduplicated data to the cloud
- Configuring a Cloud Catalyst storage server for deduplication to the cloud
- Monitoring deduplication activity
- Viewing MSDP job details
- Managing deduplication
- Managing MSDP servers
- Managing NetBackup Deduplication Engine credentials
- Managing Media Server Deduplication Pools
- Changing a Media Server Deduplication Pool properties
- Configuring MSDP data integrity checking behavior
- About MSDP storage rebasing
- Managing MSDP servers
- Recovering MSDP
- Replacing MSDP hosts
- Uninstalling MSDP
- Deduplication architecture
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting MSDP installation issues
- Troubleshooting MSDP configuration issues
- Troubleshooting MSDP operational issues
- Troubleshooting Cloud Catalyst issues
- Cloud Catalyst logs
- Problems encountered while using the Cloud Storage Server Configuration Wizard
- Disk pool problems
- Problems during cloud storage server configuration
- Cloud Catalyst troubleshooting tools
- Appendix A. Migrating to MSDP storage
MSDP fingerprint cache behavior options
Table: Cache load parameters describes the parameters that control the behavior. All of these options are in the contentrouter.cfg file.
The parameters are stored in the contentrouter.cfg file.
See About the MSDP contentrouter.cfg file.
Table: Cache load parameters
The number of threads to use to load the remaining fingerprints.
The CacheLoadThreadNum in the contentrouter.cfg file controls the number of threads. NetBackup begins loading fingerprints from the next container number after the startup fingerprint loading.
The default is one.
The percentage of RAM to use for the fingerprint cache.
The MaxCacheSize in the contentrouter.cfg file controls percentage of RAM.
The default is 75%.