Veritas NetBackup™ Deduplication Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup media server deduplication option
- Planning your deployment
- About MSDP storage and connectivity requirements
- About NetBackup media server deduplication
- About NetBackup Client Direct deduplication
- About MSDP remote office client deduplication
- About MSDP performance
- MSDP deployment best practices
- Provisioning the storage
- Licensing deduplication
- Configuring deduplication
- Configuring the Deduplication Multi-Threaded Agent behavior
- Configuring the MSDP fingerprint cache behavior
- Configuring MSDP fingerprint cache seeding on the storage server
- About MSDP Encryption using KMS service
- Configuring a storage server for a Media Server Deduplication Pool
- Configuring a disk pool for deduplication
- Configuring a Media Server Deduplication Pool storage unit
- About MSDP optimized duplication within the same domain
- Configuring MSDP optimized duplication within the same NetBackup domain
- Configuring MSDP replication to a different NetBackup domain
- About NetBackup Auto Image Replication
- Configuring a target for MSDP replication to a remote domain
- Creating a storage lifecycle policy
- Resilient Network properties
- Editing the MSDP pd.conf file
- About protecting the MSDP catalog
- Configuring an MSDP catalog backup
- Configuring deduplication to the cloud with NetBackup Cloud Catalyst
- Using NetBackup Cloud Catalyst to upload deduplicated data to the cloud
- Configuring a Cloud Catalyst storage server for deduplication to the cloud
- Monitoring deduplication activity
- Viewing MSDP job details
- Managing deduplication
- Managing MSDP servers
- Managing NetBackup Deduplication Engine credentials
- Managing Media Server Deduplication Pools
- Changing a Media Server Deduplication Pool properties
- Configuring MSDP data integrity checking behavior
- About MSDP storage rebasing
- Managing MSDP servers
- Recovering MSDP
- Replacing MSDP hosts
- Uninstalling MSDP
- Deduplication architecture
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting MSDP installation issues
- Troubleshooting MSDP configuration issues
- Troubleshooting MSDP operational issues
- Troubleshooting Cloud Catalyst issues
- Cloud Catalyst logs
- Problems encountered while using the Cloud Storage Server Configuration Wizard
- Disk pool problems
- Problems during cloud storage server configuration
- Cloud Catalyst troubleshooting tools
- Appendix A. Migrating to MSDP storage
Configuring MSDP client-side deduplication
This topic describes how to configure client deduplication in NetBackup. Media server deduplication must be configured before you can configure client-side deduplication.
See Configuring MSDP server-side deduplication.
Table: Client deduplication configuration tasks
Configure media server deduplication
Learn about client deduplication
Configure a resilient connection for remote office clients
Resilient connections are optional.
See About MSDP remote office client deduplication.
See Resilient Network properties.
Enable client-side deduplication
See Configuring client attributes for MSDP client-side deduplication.
Configure remote client fingerprint cache seeding
Configuring remote client fingerprint cache seeding is optional.
See Configuring MSDP fingerprint cache seeding on the client.
See About seeding the MSDP fingerprint cache for remote client deduplication.
See Configuring MSDP fingerprint cache seeding on the storage server.
Configure client-direct restores
Configuring client-direct restores is optional. If you do not do so, restores travel through the NetBackup media server components.