Veritas NetBackup™ Administrator's Guide, Volume II
- NetBackup licensing models and the nbdeployutil utility
- About NetBackup licensing models
- About the capacity licensing model
- nbdeployutil utility options
- Creating and viewing the licensing report
- After creating a traditional licensing report
- After creating a capacity licensing report
- Reconciling the capacity licensing report results
- Additional configuration
- About dynamic host name and IP addressing
- About busy file processing on UNIX clients
- About the Shared Storage Option
- About configuring the Shared Storage Option in NetBackup
- Viewing SSO summary reports
- About the vm.conf configuration file
- Holds Management
- Menu user interfaces on UNIX
- About the tpconfig device configuration utility
- About the NetBackup Disk Configuration Utility
- Reference topics
- Host name rules
- About reading backup images with nbtar or tar32.exe
- Factors that affect backup time
- NetBackup notify scripts
- Media and device management best practices
- About TapeAlert
- About tape drive cleaning
- How NetBackup reserves drives
- About SCSI persistent reserve
- About the SPC-2 SCSI reserve process
- About checking for data loss
- About checking for tape and driver configuration errors
- How NetBackup selects media
- About selecting media in robots
- About selecting media in standalone drives
- About Tape I/O commands on UNIX
Verify the Summary tab
The top of the report's Summary tab details the basis for the report's information. Review the Period Analyzed for the source of the information for the report. The Period Analyzed section includes:
Start date for the gather for each master server.
End date for the gather for each master server.
The total number of days gathered for each master server.
The input directory for each master server that is associated with the report.
The start and the end dates are not necessarily the dates that are specified for the --gather option. These are the dates within the time period that you specified where images exist. If images do not exist for a specified start or end day, the day is not listed. The nearest date with backup images is included and listed.
The Input Directory column displays the path to the gathered data. Within the Input Directory is the
nbdeployutil-gather-timestamp.log file. If non-default inputs were used in the collection of catalog data, the log file displays this information.
Under the Options section, confirm that the list of master servers is correct. If there are missing or extra master servers, rerun the report.
When the review of the entire report is complete, all the values in therow under should be zero. As you reconcile the other tabs in the report, these values automatically update to zero.