Veritas NetBackup™ Administrator's Guide, Volume II
- NetBackup licensing models and the nbdeployutil utility
- About NetBackup licensing models
- About the capacity licensing model
- nbdeployutil utility options
- Creating and viewing the licensing report
- After creating a traditional licensing report
- After creating a capacity licensing report
- Reconciling the capacity licensing report results
- Additional configuration
- About dynamic host name and IP addressing
- About busy file processing on UNIX clients
- About the Shared Storage Option
- About configuring the Shared Storage Option in NetBackup
- Viewing SSO summary reports
- About the vm.conf configuration file
- Holds Management
- Menu user interfaces on UNIX
- About the tpconfig device configuration utility
- About the NetBackup Disk Configuration Utility
- Reference topics
- Host name rules
- About reading backup images with nbtar or tar32.exe
- Factors that affect backup time
- NetBackup notify scripts
- Media and device management best practices
- About TapeAlert
- About tape drive cleaning
- How NetBackup reserves drives
- About SCSI persistent reserve
- About the SPC-2 SCSI reserve process
- About checking for data loss
- About checking for tape and driver configuration errors
- How NetBackup selects media
- About selecting media in robots
- About selecting media in standalone drives
- About Tape I/O commands on UNIX
After creating a capacity licensing report
After using nbdeployutil to gather report data, use the --report --capacity option to generate a capacity licensing report in the form of a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
This topic reviews the different tabs that appear in a capacity licensing report and provides an overview on the process of reconciling the report with the actual NetBackup environment.
Use the following steps to examine the report results:
Table: Examining the capacity licensing report
Verify the completeness of the report inputs.
Eliminate redundant data due to client aliases and multiple IP addresses.
Examine the Itemization tab for flagged conditions in the Accuracy column.
Verify correct grouping and summation of multistreamed backup images.
Examine the CloudCatalyst (KB) column that displays the volume of data processed using NetBackup CloudCatalyst
Examine overlap detection by nbdeployutil