Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Snapshot Client Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2019-06-28
Product(s): NetBackup (8.2)
- Snapshot Client features
- About snapshot basics
- Off-host backup overview
- Off-host backup methods
- About alternate client backup
- Snapshot Client requirements
- Policy configuration
- Selecting the snapshot method
- Configuration parameters for Snapshot Client
- About using alternate client backup
- Configuring alternate client backup
- Policy configuration tips
- About disabling snapshots
- FlashBackup configuration
- Instant Recovery configuration
- About Instant Recovery
- About sizing the cache for Instant Recovery copy-on-write snapshots
- About configuring VxVM
- About storage lifecycle policies for snapshots
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) snapshot configuration
- Configuration of software-based snapshot methods
- Software-based snapshot methods
- Cache device requirements
- About VxFS_Checkpoint
- About VxVM
- About FlashSnap
- About VVR
- About VSS
- Software-based snapshot methods
- Support for Cluster Volume Manager Environments (CVM)
- Configuration of snapshot methods for disk arrays
- About the new disk array snapshot methods
- Disk array configuration tasks
- OS-specific configuration tasks
- About VSS configuration (Windows)
- About EMC CLARiiON arrays
- Configuring NetBackup to access the CLARiiON array
- Configuring a NetBackup policy for a CLARiiON array method
- About EMC Symmetrix arrays
- About configuration for EMC_TimeFinder_Mirror
- About configuration for EMC_TimeFinder_Clone
- About HP EVA arrays
- Verifying connectivity from clients to array using SSSU 5.0
- About IBM DS6000 and DS8000 arrays
- Configuring NetBackup to access the IBM DS6000 or DS8000 array
- About IBM DS4000 array
- About Hitachi SMS/WMS/AMS, USP/NSC, USP-V/VM
- Hitachi array software requirements
- About HP-XP arrays
- About array troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting issues pertaining to all arrays
- Troubleshooting IBM DS6000 and DS8000 arrays
- Troubleshooting IBM4000 arrays
- Troubleshooting Hitachi arrays
- Notes on Media Server and Third-Party Copy methods
- Backup and restore procedures
- About restores from a FlashBackup backup
- Instant Recovery restore features
- About Instant Recovery: block-level restore
- About Instant Recovery: file promotion
- About Instant Recovery: Fast File Resync (Windows clients only)
- About Instant Recovery: point in time rollback
- About configurations for restore
- About restoring from a disk snapshot
- Logging directories for UNIX platforms
- Logging folders for Windows platforms
- FlashBackup and status code 13
- Appendix A. Managing nbu_snap (Solaris)
- Appendix B. Overview of snapshot operations
- Appendix C. NetBackup integration with CloudPoint for snapshot managment
Selecting the snapshot method
You can manually select a snapshot method as follows.
To select a snapshot method
- On the master server, open the NetBackup Administration Console.
- Click Policies.
- In the All Policies pane, double-click the name of the policy.
- Make sure Perform snapshot backups is selected.
- Click Options.
- Only one snapshot method can be configured per policy. Configure each policy for a single method and include only clients and backup selections for which that snapshot method can be used. For example, for the nbu_snap method (which applies to Solaris clients only), create a policy that includes Solaris clients only. The snapshot method you select must be compatible with all items in the policy's Backup Selections list.
In the pull-down menu, select the Snapshot method for the policy.
Choose auto if you want NetBackup to select the snapshot method.
The available methods depend on how your clients are configured and which attributes you selected on the Attributes tab.
See Snapshot methods.
- Specify required parameters, if any. Additional fields in the Snapshot Options dialog indicate required parameters.
See Configuration parameters for Snapshot Client.
See Snapshot Resources.
- Click OK.