Veritas NetBackup™ Troubleshooting Guide
- Troubleshooting procedures
- Troubleshooting NetBackup problems
- Troubleshooting vnetd proxy connections
- Troubleshooting security certificate revocation
- Verifying host name and service entries in NetBackup
- Frozen media troubleshooting considerations
- Troubleshooting problems with the NetBackup web services
- Resolving PBX problems
- Troubleshooting problems with validation of the remote host
- About troubleshooting Auto Image Replication
- Using NetBackup utilities
- About the NetBackup support utility (nbsu)
- About the NetBackup consistency check utility (NBCC)
- About the robotic test utilities
- Disaster recovery
- About disk recovery procedures for UNIX and Linux
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for UNIX and Linux
- About disk recovery procedures for Windows
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for Windows
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog
- About NetBackup catalog recovery and OpsCenter
- About recovering the entire NetBackup catalog
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog image files
- About recovering the NetBackup relational database
Troubleshooting security certificate revocation
For jobs, NetBackup writes the cause of failures to the Job Details. Jobs are backups, restores, duplications, and replications. To troubleshoot errors related to host ID-based certificates, examine the job details for the messages and the status codes. Look for the messages that relate to certificates, revocation, and CRL. The status codes that accompany the messages are closely adjacent. Look up the descriptions of the status codes for explanations and recommended actions to resolve the issues.
You also may need to examine the vnetd proxy process log files. As with the job details, examine the logs for the messages and the status codes that relate to certificates, revocation, and CRL. Status codes that accompany a message are closely adjacent.
You can find the status codes described in the following:
The NetBackup Administration Console help.
The Troubleshooter in the NetBackup Administration Console.
The NetBackup OpsCenter help.
A host's CRL may affect troubleshooting.
The following topics describe how to troubleshoot several security certificate revocation scenarios:
If you cannot determine the cause of problems, contact your Veritas support representative.