Veritas™ Usage Insights for NetBackup Getting Started Guide
- Veritas™ Usage Insights for NetBackup
- Proxy support in Usage Insights
Manual upload of telemetry information
If your environment does not allow automatic upload of Usage Insights data, you can manually upload the required usage reporting information in the Veritas Usage Insights application. For example, if you have an air-gapped environment, you can use the manual upload method to provide capacity data to Usage Insights. While this method lets you review the information before it is transmitted to Veritas, the data within Usage Insights is not as accurate.
Veritas recommends manually uploading the data at least once a month, more often for larger environments. The usage notifications and monitoring features are most useful when they are current.
To upload Usage Insights data:
- Log into Usage Insights with your Veritas Account Manager credentials.
- Select License utilization files on the left side of the screen.
- In the resulting screen, select Upload files.
- Browse to the telemetry files you want to upload. The correct place to find the license utilization files for Usage Insights is:
UNIX and Linux:
This file contains the license utilization information that is necessary for Usage Insights. To see all telemetry information Veritas collects, see:
The older json files were consuming space on the master server. With NetBackup 8.1.2 or later, the older json files will be removed based on the PURGE_INTERVAL parameter in the
nbdeployutilconfig.txtfile. Ensure that the PURGE_INTERVAL parameter value is such that the json files are available when you have to upload them to the Usage Insights portal.
- Select the files you want to upload and click Choose. The files are uploaded to Veritas.
- In the License utilization files screen, you see a list of all files that you uploaded to Veritas.
Ensure that you have set up scheduled runs of nbdeployutil, the tool that generates the usage data used by Usage Insights.
Use thepage to upload the file(s).