Veritas Data Insight User's Guide
- Section I. Introduction
- Introducing Veritas Data Insight
- Using the Veritas Data Insight Management Console
- Section II. Data Insight Workspace
- Navigating the Workspace tab
- Analyzing data using the Workspace views
- Viewing access information for files and folders
- Viewing user activity on files or folders
- About visualizing collaboration on a share
- Viewing access information for users and user groups
- Section III. Data Insight reports
- Using Data Insight reports
- About Data Insight security reports
- Permissions reports
- Permissions Search report
- Creating a Permissions Query Template
- Permissions Query Template actions
- Ownership Reports
- About Data Insight storage reports
- Capacity reports
- Data Lifecycle reports
- Consumption Reports
- About Data Insight custom reports
- Managing reports
- Viewing reports
- Using Data Insight reports
- Section IV. Remediation
- Configuring remediation workflows
- Managing workflow templates
- Creating a workflow using a template
- Managing workflows
- Using the Self-Service Portal
- About the Self-Service Portal
- Managing data
- About managing data using Enterprise Vault and custom scripts
- About adding tags to files, folders, and shares
- Managing permissions
- About recommending permissions changes for inactive users
- Configuring remediation workflows
- Appendix A. Command Line Reference
Using the Workspace filters
Data Insight provides extensive filters to sort through the data on the list view pages. You can use the filters to limit the scope of the data that is displayed on the list views of thetab. When filters are applied, the list views display the data that satisfies the selected filter criteria.
To use the filters
- Navigate to the list view of the tile for which you want to view analytics data.
- On the list view, click on the filter icon.
The filter panel expands to show the available filters.
To display only the frequently-used filters, click the Filter drop-down, and select the filters that you want to display.
- Click on any option and enter or select the values for the filter criteria.
For example, you want to review all the open shares in your storage environment that have a risk score between 80 to 100. Navigate to the Shares list view and expand the filter panel. Select the Open check box; click Risk, and slide the score slider to select the range of the risk score.
If a filter has many possible values, you can enter specific value in the search bar for that filter.
For example, if there are multiple tags, you can enter that name of the tag that you are interested in the Tags filter. Or select the tag(s) to review the files that match the selected tags.
If you select more than one filter criteria, the conditions are evaluated using a logical AND operator. However, if you select multiple values for a single filter criteria, Data Insight evaluates the values using the logical OR operator.
- Click Apply.
- Click Reset to clear the filters.
Note that different filters are available for the Data Sources, Shares, DFS, Users, Groups, Watchlist, and Alerts list views.
An orange Filter icon indicates that a filter is applied to the displayed data set.
Displays disabled users, filers, shares, or equivalent data sources.
Displays all users that have been deleted from the directory service.
This filter is only available on the Users list view.
On the Dataand Shares list view, the filter displays all users who are assigned as custodians on paths.
On the Users list view, select check box to displays all paths on which a user is assigned as custodians.
Displays the number of control points across configured shares or site collections.
On the Shares list view, select the check box to display all paths in the file system hierarchy where the permissions differ from that of the parent folder or where the active users differ significantly from active users of its sibling folders.
User Name / Group Name
Displays analytics pertaining to the specific user or group.
This filter option is only available on the Data Sources and Shares list view. On the Data Sources list view, you can further refine the condition by selecting the size of the share and the number of files on the open shares.
Displays all open shares across all configured filers or on selected filers.
For a share, enter the full or part of the path name, IP address, or URL as the case may be.
Use the slider to enter a value for the risk score. The threshold for the risk score for users and data sources is 50. A risk score more than 50 may be a cause for concern.
This filter condition is available for the Data Sources, Shares, and Users list view.
Select the type of device for which you want to view analytics.
Use the slider to specify the number of accesses. For example, you can use the Activity filter with the Device Type condition to search for all NetApp filers that have accesses between 50000 and 700000.
On the Data list view, you can also select the type of activity for which you want to view analytics - None (No activity), Collaborative, or Single user.
Use the slider to choose the number of sensitive, active, or inactive files in a content repository.
For example, you can use the Files criteria along with the Device Type filter to find the number of sensitive files on a Box share.
Use the slider to choose the size of active and inactive files. The size criteria refers to the logical size of the files.
For example, you can choose to view analytics for active files that more than 2 GB in size.
Select one or more policies that are matched by files or folders being monitored by Data Insight.
For example, you can search for all files that violate the conditions specified by the US-PII policy and match the tags configured for that policy.
From the list of configured domains, select the domain for which you want analytics data. Clickto display all domains configured in Data Insight.
Or enter the name of a domain in the search bar to search for a specific domain.
Enter the name or part of a name of the owner of a file or folder.
The criteria for computing the owner of a data resource is configured in the Workspace Data Owner Policy. For more information, see the Veritas Data Insight Administrator's Guide.
Select one or more values for all or any custom attribute.
The attributes that are displayed as filters depend on the custom attributes that are configured in Data Insight.