Veritas NetBackup™ Read This First Guide for Secure Communications
- How secure communication works with master server cluster nodes
- Communication failure scenarios
- Secure communication support for other hosts in NetBackup domain
When an authorization token is required during certificate deployment
The security level setting determines whether an authorization token is required to deploy a certificate. You can set the security level on the master server to different levels, depending on your needs. Use the Security Management > Global Security Settings > Secure Communication tab in the NetBackup Administration Console.
The following settings are available. The default setting is High.
- The master server fingerprint must be confirmed during certificate deployment. An authorization token is not required if the host is known to the master server.
- The master server fingerprint must be confirmed during certificate deployment. An authorization token is required for every host.
Certificate deployment in certain scenarios always requires a token, such as in the case of clients in a demilitarized zone or for certificate reissue.
For more information on certificate deployment security levels, refer to the NetBackup Security and Encryption Guide.