Veritas NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites, notes, and restrictions
- Download and install the Nutanix plug-in
- Configure NetBackup communication with AHV
- Add a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Manage SSL certificates
- Configure NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and restore
- Troubleshoot issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
The following prerequisites apply to NetBackup for AHV.
To back up and recover Nutanix AHV virtual machines, you need the Enterprise Client license.
For a list of supported versions, see the appropriate version of the NetBackup Software Compatibility List available from the following location:
Before you initiate a backup of a virtual machine, verify the following:
You have appropriate administrative rights and permissions from Nutanix to complete a backup for AHV virtual machines.
For information on getting administrative privileges, refer to the Nutanix documentation.
The NetBackup master server can communicate with the backup host.
The backup host is able to communicate with the Acropolis cluster.
You must whitelist the backup host on the Acropolis cluster using the appropriate whitelist option available through the Prism web console or its command line interface.