Veritas NetBackup™ Upgrade Guide
- About changes in NetBackup 8.1.2
- Planning for an upgrade
- Master server upgrade
- Media server upgrade
- MSDP upgrade for NetBackup
- NetBackup Deployment Management with VxUpdate
- Appendix A. Reference
- About the NetBackup web user interface
About NetBackup 8.1.2 support for Fibre Transport Media Server with RHEL 7.5
If you plan to use Fibre Transport Media Server (FTMS) with RHEL 7.5, ensure that you upgrade NetBackup to 8.1.2 or later. You can also use a new RHEL 7.5 system that has NetBackup 8.1.2 or later.
Before you upgrade RHEL to 7.5, complete the following steps:
- Disable FTMS.
- Upgrade NetBackup to 8.1.2 or later.
- Upgrade RHEL to 7.5 and then reconfigure FTMS.
For more information about reconfiguring FTMS, see the NetBackup SAN Client and Fibre Transport Guide.