Veritas NetBackup™ Upgrade Guide
- About changes in NetBackup 8.1.2
- Planning for an upgrade
- Master server upgrade
- Media server upgrade
- MSDP upgrade for NetBackup
- NetBackup Deployment Management with VxUpdate
- Appendix A. Reference
- About the NetBackup web user interface
Post upgrade procedures for Amazon cloud storage servers
Starting with NetBackup 8.1, the object size for Amazon (S3) and Amazon GovCloud storage servers has changed. This change affects the valid range for read and write buffer size for these cloud storage servers. You must update the read and write buffer size values for pre-NetBackup 8.1 servers using the NetBackup Administration Console on the master server. Update these settings for each cloud storage server that is associated with a media server.
For the valid range, review the READ_BUFFER_SIZE and WRITE_BUFFER_SIZE information in the Veritas NetBackup Cloud Administrator's Guide.
To update the Amazon (S3) and Amazon GovCloud read and write buffer size in the NetBackup Administrators Console
- Open the NetBackup Administration Console.
- Go to Media and Device Manager > Credentials > Storage Server.
- For your Amazon (S3) and Amazon GovCloud storage servers:
Double click the storage server in the right pane to open the Change Storage Server dialog box.
In the Change Storage Server dialog box, click the Properties tab.
Update the value of the parameters shown. Enter these values in bytes:
- Click Save.
Use the commands shown to update the read and write buffer size from the command line
- nbdevconfig -getconfig -stype storage_server_type -storage_server storage_server_name -configlist filename
- Update the value of the parameters shown. Enter these values in bytes:
- nbdevconfig -setconfig -stype storage_server_type -storage_server storage_server_name -configlist filename