Veritas NetBackup™ Upgrade Guide
- About changes in NetBackup 8.1.1
- Planning for an upgrade
- Master server upgrade
- About mounting the NetBackup software media
- Media server upgrade
- MSDP upgrade for NetBackup
- Appendix A. Reference
Mounting NetBackup software media on UNIX or Linux systems
The following procedure describes how to mount the NetBackup DVD on UNIX or Linux systems.
To mount the NetBackup DVD on UNIX or Linux systems
- Log in as root.
- Create a mount point (all except Solaris).
- (Conditional) on HP-UX systems earlier than 11.23, start PFS daemons.
nohup pfs_mountd & nohup pfsd &
- Issue the appropriate mount command for your operating system.
mount -v cdrfs -r device_path mount_point
HP-UX earlier than 11.23
pfs_mount -o xlat=unix device_path mount_point
To find the device path, you can run ioscan -fn.
HP-UX later than 11.23
mount -F cdfs device_path mount_point
mount device_path mount_point
If Volume Manager (
vold) is running, the DVD mounts automatically.
voldis not running, start it as follows: