Veritas NetBackup™ WebSocket Service (NBWSS) Reference Guide
- Using the NetBackup WebSocket Service (NBWSS) for communication with a cloud application
- Examples of NBWSS messages
- Configuring WebSocket endpoints for NBWSS
- Troubleshooting NBWSS
- NBWSS issues
Saving NetBackup credentials for a WebSocket server endpoint
Use the following procedure to select the JSON file or URL so that NetBackup can save the endpoint details as credentials.
To save NetBackup credentials for a WebSocket server endpoint
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, click Media and Device Management > Credentials > WebSocket Servers.
- Click Actions > New > New WebSocket Server.
In the WebSocket Server dialog, select the source of the endpoint details:
For a JSON-formatted file, click FILE, then click Browse.
You can enter the file's full path in the File Name field, or use the Look In pull-down or the search icons. From left to right, the icons can move up one level, go to the desktop, create a new folder, or change the list view.
Next, click on the JSON file and then click Open. NetBackup extracts the endpoint details and displays them under Server Information:
For a URL, click URL and enter the URL that contains the endpoint information. NetBackup extracts the endpoint information from the URL. (The cloud application provides the URL.)
- Click Validate.
NetBackup presents the endpoint server's SSL certificate. For example:
If you used the URL option, NetBackup extracts the endpoint details and displays them under Server Information.
- To see the cloud application's security token, click Token: View.
- To save this endpoint information as NetBackup credentials, click Add Host.
The following appears:
The endpoint's Host Name, URL, Group ID, Priority, State (
DEACTIVATED), and Connection State (
DISCONNECTED) appear in the right pane under WebSocket Server(s). The endpoint's token is stored in a secure location and is not displayed.
- To delete or deactivate the endpoint credentials, right-click on the credentials entry in the right pane. The following options are available:
Removes the endpoint credentials.
Activates the endpoint credentials. When the credentials are activated, NBWSS can connect to the endpoint.
Deactivates the endpoint credentials. When the credentials are deactivated, NBWSS does not connect to the endpoint.