Enterprise Vault™ Deployment Scanner
- About this guide
- Veritas Enterprise Vault Deployment Scanner
Running Enterprise Vault Deployment Scanner
You are given the option of running Deployment Scanner when you start the Enterprise Vault installation program. Alternatively, you can run it separately at any time.
Before you run Deployment Scanner, add the Vault Service account to the Administrators group on all the systems that it will scan.
To run Enterprise Vault Deployment Scanner
- Log on using the Vault Service account.
Use one of the following methods to start Deployment Scanner:
In Windows, click the Deployment Scanner shortcut.
In the left pane of the Vault Administration Console, click your vault site. Then, on the Tools menu, ensure that Advanced Features is selected. Finally, in the left pane, right-click your Enterprise Vault server and then click Deployment Scanner.
Locate and double-click the Deployment Scanner executable,
Deployment_Scanner.exe. You can run the executable on the local computer or on a remote computer, as required. After Enterprise Vault is installed, the file is also available in the Enterprise Vault program folder.
- In the Welcome page, select Do not set configuration options for Deployment Scanner if you have previously run Deployment Scanner and want to rerun it without entering the configuration options again.
- Click Next and then, if you selected Do not set configuration options for Deployment Scanner, go to step 6. Otherwise, complete the fields in the two Server Configuration pages.
Microsoft SQL Server(s)
Identifies the computers on which you have installed SQL Server. Enterprise Vault uses SQL Server to store configuration data and information about the archives.
Microsoft Exchange Server(s)
Identifies the Microsoft Exchange servers from which you want to archive the items in user mailboxes, journal mailboxes, or public folders.
Microsoft SharePoint Server(s)
Specifies the addresses of the Microsoft SharePoint servers that hold the documents you want to archive.
Identifies the file servers that contain files for archiving.
Specifies the paths to the network shares that contain files for archiving.
EMC Centera Access Node(s)
Specifies the IP addresses of access nodes in a Centera cluster.
In each case, you can add a new item by typing its name or address and then clicking Add. To remove an item from a list, click it and then click Remove.
- When you have set all the options, click Next to proceed with the tests.
- Wait a few moments for the utility to perform the tests and display the results.
- Click the blue links to display more information on each test result. As well as displaying the test results on-screen, Enterprise Vault Deployment Scanner saves the report to an HTML file in the
Reportssubfolder. The name of the report file identifies the date and time at which you created it.
- Click Finish to exit Enterprise Vault Deployment Scanner.