Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Copilot™ for Oracle Configuration Guide
Last Published: 2019-11-04
Product(s): Appliances (3.2, 3.1.2)
Platform: NetBackup Appliance OS
- Creating an appliance Share
- Mounting an appliance Share
- Storage Lifecycle Policy (SLP) configuration
- Oracle Intelligent Policy (OIP) configuration
Create the Oracle Intelligent Policy for Oracle accelerator backups
Use the following procedure to create the Oracle Intelligent Policy (OIP) for Oracle accelerator backups.
Create the OIP for Oracle accelerator backups
- In the left pane of the NetBackup Admin Console, expand NetBackup Management > Policies.
- Select Actions > New > Policy or right-click on All Policies in the center pane, then click New Policy on the shortcut menu.
- Select Oracle in the Policy type drop-down menu.
- Select the stream policy you created earlier in the Policy storage drop-down menu.
- Click the Instances and Databases tab, then select Protect Instances and Databases.
- Click the Backup Selections tab, then select Whole Database - Datafile Copy Share.
- Click Browse to open the browse backup selections window.
- Select the instance name and location you want to include in the backup, then click OK.
- Review the Backup Selection List and verify that the proper instance location is selected.
The selected instance is the share mount point on the Oracle server.
- Click the Schedules tab to create a full schedule.
- Select Full Backup in the Type of backup drop-down menu and enter a name for the schedule.
- Select Override policy storage selection and choose the storage lifecycle policy you created earlier for the snapshot.
- Click Add.
- Select Archived Redo Log Backup from the Type of backup drop-down menu and enter a name for the schedule.
- Click OK to confirm.
- Review the created schedule to verify that all selections are correct.
- Click the Oracle tab to adjust any selections as needed.
- Click OK to complete the setup.