NetBackup™ 10.0 Application Guide
- Product overview
- Release notes
- Geting started
- Creating NetBackup application instances
- Managing NetBackup application instances
- Accessing NetBackup primary and media server instances for management tasks
- Managing users on a primary or media server instance
- Running NetBackup commands on a primary or media server application instance
- Accessing NetBackup WORM storage server instances for management tasks
- About the NetBackup WORM storage server shell
Introduction to NetBackup applications for Flex Appliance
Veritas Flex Appliance is a customizable data management solution that lets you consolidate multiple applications on a single hardware platform. An application is a Veritas software program that can be installed on Flex Appliance. You can use these applications to create multiple, concurrent application instances, or single deployments of applications that were historically standalone servers.
The following applications are available for NetBackup release 10.0:
NetBackup primary server
You can also configure a BMR primary server with this application. However, the BMR boot server cannot be configured on the appliance.
NetBackup media server with the following storage options:
Media Server Deduplication Pool (MSDP)
You can also configure MSDP cloud storage with this application. Refer to the NetBackup Deduplication Guide after the instance is created.
NetBackup WORM storage server version 16.0
The WORM storage server application is included with the NetBackup release but follows a different version scheme. WORM storage server version 16.0 requires a version 10.0 or later primary server and media server.
The NetBackup applications must follow the same compatibility requirements between NetBackup versions as any other NetBackup environment. See the NetBackup Release Notes for specifics.
For a full list of supported applications and versions for each Flex Appliance release, see the following article on the Veritas Support website: