Veritas Advanced Supervision User Guide
- Introducing Advanced Supervision
- Getting started
- Working with dashboard widgets
- Managing departments
- Managing department users
- Managing department searches
- Managing department-specific hotword sets
- Managing department-specific trash rules
- Managing department-specific allowlist rules
- Viewing employees associated with departments
- Managing application-level users, roles, and permissions
- Managing application-specific hotword sets
- Managing application-specific trash rules
- Managing application-specific allowlist rules
- Managing data requests
- Managing search schedules
- Managing export operations
- Managing reviews
- Working with reports
- Managing Audit Settings
- Working with Audit viewer
Performing export runs
You can export the review items from Advanced Supervision if you want to review items offline or present them as evidence to a third party.
You must have the Export Messages permission to export items from a department. By default, all the reviewers in the department have this permission. The option to export escalated items is available to those with the Export Escalations permission only. By default, only users that have the Escalation Reviewer role have this permission.
You can perform the following export tasks. The keyboard shortcut keys are listed in parenthesis:
- perform a new export run.
- refresh the list of existing exports.
To perform an export run
- In the left navigation pane, click Departments.
- Search for and select the department in which you want to perform export run.
Advanced Supervision lists all departments. You can use the filtering options to search the required department. Options include filtering by department name, exception employees, and reviewers associated with the department.
- In the Export tab, click New Export.
The Export dialog box appears.
- Refer to the following table and provide the relevant information in the respective fields.
(Mandatory) Type a name for the export run.
(Mandatory) Select items by their type, such as Microsoft Exchange, SMTP, and so on.
Select items that are traveling in a certain direction. You have the following options:
All - includes messages from all directions.
Internal - Includes the items where the author and all recipients are internal to your organization
External Inbound - includes the items where the author is external to your organization and at least one recipient is internal.
External Outbound - Includes the items where the author is internal to your organization and at least one recipient is external.
Select items by the method that Advanced Supervision has used to capture them and add them to the review set. The options are:
All - Select all methods.
Search - Select to choose items that have been captured as a result of searches.
Random Sampling - Select to choose items that Advanced Supervision has captured and added to the review set according to your designated monitoring policy.
Guaranteed Sample Search - Select to choose the results of guaranteed sample searches.
Tags - Select to choose items that Advanced Supervision has captured and added to the review set according to designated tags.
Select items by the policy action with which your policy management software has tagged them. This action can be one of the following:
Inclusion (demands or suggests capture)
Exclusion (precludes capture or advocates non-capture)
No Action (item is subject to normal random sampling)
Select items that Advanced Supervision has captured over the specified period.
Select items that the specified search has captured.
Current action status
Select items by their action status, such as Unreviewed, Pending, or Questioned.
Current action status author
Select items by the person who last assigned a review action to them.
Select All to consider all reviewers who assigned a review action.
Select User Selection to browse a particular reviewer who lastly assigned a review action
Select items by whether they have been escalated to an escalation reviewer and subsequently closed by that reviewer.
Select items by the escalation reviewer who has responsibility for them.
Select All to consider all escalation owners.
Select Unassigned to consider items to which no escalation owner is assigned.
Select User Selection to browse a particular escalation owner
Select items by the person who escalated them to an escalation reviewer for further attention.
Select All to consider all reviewers.
Select User Selection to browse a particular reviewer.
Current appraisal status
Select items by whether a supervisor has appraised them. This option is only visible to supervisors with Apply Appraisal Status permission.
Current appraisal status owner
Select items by the supervisor who has currently appraised them. This option is only visible to supervisors with Apply Appraisal Status permission.
Select All to consider all appraisal status owner.
Select User Selection to browse a particular appraisal status owner.
Select items by the specific tag with which your policy management software has tagged them.
Select type of file to be exported.
Original type - to choose to output items in their native format. For example, Microsoft Exchange items as individual MSG files, SMTP items as individual EML files, and so on.
Number of items to export
Type the required number of items. Advanced Supervision exports the oldest items.
For example, if you choose to export 100 items, Advanced Supervision exports the 100 oldest items that match the selected options.
(Mandatory) Set an alphanumeric password.
- Click Save.
The application prompts you to confirm that you want to perform the operation.
- Click Save to complete the operation or click Cancel to cancel it.
- In the Export tab, ensure that the export you have created is available and its status is In progress or Completed.
If the status of your export run is displayed as Failed, you need to execute another export run.
- After the export is finished, click the Browse icon to browse to the exported file.
- Click the links to download the zipped file of the exported items.