Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Client (HTML5) Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Client (HTML5)
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery events and best practices
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Client (HTML5) plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
About the NetBackup plug-in for VMware vSphere Client (HTML5)
With the NetBackup vSphere Client (HTML5) plug-in, you can use vSphere Client to monitor the backups of virtual machines that vCenter servers manage. You can also recover a virtual machine from a backup.
You can use the plug-in to do the following:
View the backup status of virtual machines at various vSphere levels. For example: Datacenter, resource pool, ESXi host.
View messages that are related to backups, such as snapshot deletion failure.
Sort and filter the backup information and export the information for analysis.
Recover virtual machines. (The recovery feature and the instant recovery feature are optional and are not required for monitoring virtual machine backups.)
Instantly recover and power on a virtual machine.
Configure a custom attribute to exclude virtual disks from backups.
NetBackup for VMware supports both ESX and ESXi servers. In this document, any reference to ESXi also refers to ESX.
Note that VMware no longer supports ESX in the latest versions of vSphere.
For the VMware versions that the NetBackup plug-in supports, see the following document: