Veritas NetBackup™ Release Notes
- About NetBackup 18.104.22.168
- New features, enhancements, and changes
- Operational notes
- NetBackup installation and upgrade operational notes
- NetBackup administration and general operational notes
- NetBackup administration interface operational notes
- NetBackup Cloud operational notes
- NetBackup with Veritas CloudPoint operational notes
- NetBackup deduplication operational notes
- NetBackup for NDMP operational notes
- NetBackup for OpenStack operational notes
- NetBackup internationalization and localization operational notes
- NetBackup Snapshot Client operational notes
- NetBackup virtualization operational notes
- Appendix A. About SORT for NetBackup Users
- Appendix B. NetBackup installation requirements
- Appendix C. NetBackup compatibility requirements
- Appendix D. Other NetBackup documentation and related documents
About the NetBackup 22.214.171.124 release
The NetBackup Release Notes document is meant to act as a snapshot of information about a version of NetBackup at the time of its release. Old information and any information that no longer applies to a release is either removed from the release notes or migrated elsewhere in the NetBackup documentation set.
NetBackup 126.96.36.199 incorporates fixes to many of the known issues that affected customers in previous versions of NetBackup. Some of these fixes are associated with the customer-specific issues. Several of the customer-related fixes that were incorporated into this release were also made available as emergency engineering binaries (EEBs).
Listings of the EEBs and Etracks that document the known issues that have been fixed in NetBackup 188.8.131.52 can be found on the Veritas Operations Readiness Tools (SORT) website and in the NetBackup Emergency Engineering Binary Guide.
The NetBackup appliances run a software package that includes a preconfigured version of NetBackup. When a new appliance software release is developed, the latest version of NetBackup is used as a basis on which the appliance code is built. For example, NetBackup Appliance 3.1 is based on NetBackup 8.1 This development model ensures that all applicable features, enhancements, and fixes that were released within NetBackup are included in the latest release of the appliance.
The NetBackup appliance software is released at the same time as the NetBackup release upon which it is based, or soon thereafter. If you are a NetBackup appliance customer, make sure to review the NetBackup Release Notes that correspond to the NetBackup appliance version that you plan to run.
Appliance-specific documentation is available at the following location: