How to setup cleaning tapes using the NetBackup Administration Console and Barcode Rules
- Open your NetBackup Admin Console
- Expand Media and Device Management > Expand Devices > Click on Robots
- Right click on the robot you wish to configure a Cleaning volume (TLD0) > Inventory Robot
- Once the Robot - Inventory window appears, bullet Update volume Configuration and click Advanced Options
- Click on the Barcode Rules Tab > Click New
- Once the New Barcode Rule window appears, type in the Barcode of your cleaning tape (usually CLN)
- Choose the Cleaning media type (1/2" cleaning tape = HCART)
- Choose the number of cleanings (default = 25)
- Click OK twice to return to the Robot Inventory screen seen in step 4 and click Start to impose your new barcode rule.
Once the above steps are complete and your robot inventory is updated, you can check to ensure your cleaning tape is in the correct pool.
- Expand Media and Device Management > Media > Volume Pools and click None.
- The new CLN tape will show up under this volume pool if the steps were performed correctly.
You can now clean your drive using NetBackup