- Backup of a FIFO (named pipe) file only backs up the metafile, not its contents.
- If an OpsCenter upgrade to 7.1 fails on UNIX or Linux when the database backup process times out, corrective action must be taken or the database will be corrupted.
- Under NetBackup 7.0.1, VMware Virtual Machines cannot be restored if any of the virtual disks (VMDKs) are larger than one Terabyte.
- In rare cases, specifying more than nine paths of differing drive letters in a Windows policy can lead to skipped backups of the tenth and later paths.
- Backups taken with the NetBackup Snapshot Client with Instant Recovery snapshots enabled are not restorable when a snapshot is taken of a mounted drive whose path includes a space character
- If the expiration time of a backup image copy stored on a tape is manually changed to an earlier expiration time, the expiration time of the tape may be incorrectly changed to the same earlier time.
- VTS16-001: A hotfix is now available for NetBackup, NetBackup OpsCenter, and NetBackup Appliances.
- Notification of new NetBackup Technical Alerts
- VMware Backups with Block Level Incremental or Changed Block Tracking can return incorrect changed sectors in ESXi 6.0
- Critical Error in Error Logs tab or bperror report is inaccurate
- More Articles
- NetBackup Master Compatibility List
- How to obtain the license key and installation download for Veritas products
- NetBackup Downloads
- NetBackup 7.7 – 7.7.x Operating System Software Compatibility List
- NetBackup 7.0 - 7.6.x Operating System Compatibility List
- NetBackup 8.0 - 8.x.x Operating System Software Compatibility List
- 7.x Upgrade Portal
- NetBackup 6.x and 7.x firewall port requirements
- DOCUMENTATION: Support for NetBackup 7.x and 8.x in virtual environments.
- How to purge the Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshots if they do not get deleted automatically after the backup of Shadow Copy Components.
- More Articles
- NetBackup AIR import job fails with a status 14 and status 191. After the failed import attempt the import of the image is never retried.
- Kernel parameter AIXTHREAD_SCOPE=S is recommended on AIX to prevent potential process deadlocks.
- NIS user unable to access DB2 database. SQL1092N: User does not have the authority to perform the requested command. When attempting to connect to a DB2 database via the Backup, Archive and Restore interface.
- STATUS CODE 9: Exchange 2007 Mailbox Backups fail with Status 9, "an extension package is needed, but was not installed".
- Oracle automatic backup using a template fails with a status 6, application backup jobs do not appear.
- There are differences in how media are mounted in multiplexed and non-multiplexed jobs when a bpstart_notify script is run on the client.
- About data compression for cloud backups
- What are the logs to enable if High Water Mark processing appears to be not working in NetBackup for Disk Staging Storage Units
- NetBackup for Lotus Notes database agent: Domino Server transaction log recovery fails with error "0x13EB:Recovery Manager: Backup was later than recovery point in time"
- More Articles