- Backup of a FIFO (named pipe) file only backs up the metafile, not its contents.
- If an OpsCenter upgrade to 7.1 fails on UNIX or Linux when the database backup process times out, corrective action must be taken or the database will be corrupted.
- In rare cases, specifying more than nine paths of differing drive letters in a Windows policy can lead to skipped backups of the tenth and later paths.
- Under NetBackup 7.0.1, VMware Virtual Machines cannot be restored if any of the virtual disks (VMDKs) are larger than one Terabyte.
- Backups taken with the NetBackup Snapshot Client with Instant Recovery snapshots enabled are not restorable when a snapshot is taken of a mounted drive whose path includes a space character
- Defects in nbdecommission will result in removal of more credentials than intended when the command is used to remove a media server with MSDP credentials. Storage units may also be removed. EEBs are available.
- VTS16-001: A hotfix is now available for NetBackup, NetBackup OpsCenter, and NetBackup Appliances.
- If the expiration time of a backup image copy stored on a tape is manually changed to an earlier expiration time, the expiration time of the tape may be incorrectly changed to the same earlier time.
- Notification of new NetBackup Technical Alerts
- Critical Error in Error Logs tab or bperror report is inaccurate
- More Articles
- NetBackup Master Compatibility List
- How to obtain the license key and installation download for Veritas products
- NetBackup Downloads
- DOCUMENTATION: Instructions on using the NetBackup Emergency Engineering Binary (EEB) installer
- DOCUMENTATION: Support for NetBackup 7.x and 8.x in virtual environments.
- How to purge the Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshots if they do not get deleted automatically after the backup of Shadow Copy Components.
- 7.x Upgrade Portal
- DOCUMENTATION AND DOWNLOAD: How to use the NetBackup Catalog Consistency Utility (NBCC) 8.0
- NetBackup 7.7 – 7.7.x Operating System Software Compatibility List
- Methods to provide data for Technical Support cases
- More Articles
- Maintenance Release OpsCtr_Server_184.108.40.206_hpia64.tar provides fixes to the OpsCenter/OpsCenter Analytics Server on HP-UX IA64.
- Maintenance Release OpsCtr_Server_220.127.116.11_linuxS_x86.tar provides fixes to the OpsCenter/OpsCenter Analytics Servers on x64 SuSE Linux Enterprise servers.
- On a Windows Master or Media server, the Private Branch Exchange (PBX) service does not start. It may have previously been working, but now the PBX service fails to start with an Error 1053 shown in System Event logs.
- Online catalog backup failing with error code: 213
- Scalar i2000 library and cleaning barcodes result in in robot inventory failure status 204
- How to create a volume pool with a specific pool number.
- Restores complete with a status 0 but no data is restored
- Use of a directory junction or volume mount point for the images database during upgrade is unsupported
- The specified policy does not exist in the configuration database (230) when modifying a policy with "SLP_" in the name.
- More Articles