VCS-325: Administration of Veritas Backup Exec 20.1
Although each product varies in complexity and depth of technical knowledge, all certification exams, targeting customers in an administrative role, cover core elements measuring technical knowledge against factors such as installation, configuration, deployment, product administration, management, day-to-day maintenance, and basic troubleshooting.
The program consists of the Backup Exec 20.1 technical exam at a product/version level that validates the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully administer Backup Exec 20.1.
Passing this exam will result in a Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) certification and counts towards the requirements for a Veritas Certified Professional (VCP) certification in Data Protection.
# of Questions: 75 - 85
Exam Duration: 105 minutes
Passing Score: 70%
Exam Price: $225 USD (or your country’s currency equivalent)
Note: If you do not have prior experience with this product, it is recommended that you complete an in-person, classroom training or Virtual Academy virtual classroom training class in preparation for the VCS exam. Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Recommended preparation steps:
- Exam Preparation Guide (PDF): Download and review the guide to understand the scope of topics covered in the certification exam and how they map to the key lessons and topics in the associated training course(s).
- Attend recommended training classes listed above.
- Gain hands-on experience with the product. 6-9 months experience working with Backup Exec in a production or lab environment is recommended.
- Sample Exam (PDF): Test yourself and your exam-taking skills using the sample exam
In addition, you should be familiar with the following product documentation and web sites:
Recommended hands-on experience (real world or virtual):
- Recommended 6-9 months experience working with Backup Exec in a production or lab environment.Describe the basic components, devices, terms, and concepts of Backup Exec.
- Install Backup Exec and add additional agents and options on the Backup Exec server after the installation.
- Describe the features of Backup Exec.
- Describe the various backup methods available in Backup Exec.
- Configure preferences and global settings.
- Configure storage devices.
- Create jobs to backup, restore, convert, and duplicate.
- Install and configure agents for remote servers.
- Add and manage protected server resources.
- Install Backup Exec updates and apply updates to Windows agents.
- Run inventory and catalog and other utility jobs.
- Identify agents and features used with Backup Exec in their environment.
- Configure enhanced backup job functionality (e.g., GRT, Instant GRT, Disk Staging, Duplication of backup sets, data encryption, snapshot, backup to cloud, and virtual environments).
- Perform basic troubleshooting (e.g., restart services, interpret job logs, check Event Viewer, check Configuration Tasks Widget, run Backup Exec troubleshooting tools, etc.).
- Import, export and backup the Database Encryption Key.
To register for an exam, follow these instructions.
Email Certification Team