Veritas NetBackup™ Logging Reference Guide
- Using logs
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- About global logging levels
- Troubleshooting error messages in the NetBackup Administration Console
- Backup process and logging
- Media and device processes and logging
- Restore process and logging
- Advanced Backup and Restore Features
- Storage logging
- NetBackup Deduplication logging
- OpenStorage Technology (OST) logging
- Storage lifecycle policy (SLP) and Auto Image Replication (A.I.R.) logging
- Snapshot technologies
- Locating logs
- Java-based administration console logging
File name format for legacy logging
NetBackup legacy logging creates debug log files in the following format:
The following items describe the log file name elements:
The name of the user in whose context the process runs, as follows:
The month, day, and year on which NetBackup created the log file.
The counter or the rotation number for the log file. When the counter exceeds the setting for number of log files, the oldest log file is deleted.
The MAX_NUM_LOGFILES configuration parameter sets the maximum number of a legacy log file per process.
The retention of all logs files in the legacy debug log directories is managed by using the following options:
Host Properties Logging dialog box. The default is 28 days.setting of the NetBackup
Host Properties Logging dialog box.setting of the NetBackup
The legacy logging settings.
Any mixture of new and old log file names in a legacy debug log directory is managed according to thesetting and the robust logging settings.