Veritas NetBackup™ Deduplication Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup media server deduplication option
- Planning your deployment
- About MSDP storage and connectivity requirements
- About NetBackup media server deduplication
- About NetBackup Client Direct deduplication
- About MSDP remote office client deduplication
- About MSDP performance
- About MSDP stream handlers
- MSDP deployment best practices
- Provisioning the storage
- Licensing deduplication
- Configuring deduplication
- Configuring the Deduplication Multi-Threaded Agent behavior
- Configuring the MSDP fingerprint cache behavior
- Configuring MSDP fingerprint cache seeding on the storage server
- About MSDP Encryption using NetBackup KMS service
- Configuring a storage server for a Media Server Deduplication Pool
- Configuring a disk pool for deduplication
- Configuring a Media Server Deduplication Pool storage unit
- About MSDP optimized duplication within the same domain
- Configuring MSDP optimized duplication within the same NetBackup domain
- Configuring MSDP replication to a different NetBackup domain
- About NetBackup Auto Image Replication
- Configuring a target for MSDP replication to a remote domain
- Creating a storage lifecycle policy
- Resilient Network properties
- Editing the MSDP pd.conf file
- About protecting the MSDP catalog
- Configuring an MSDP catalog backup
- About NetBackup WORM storage support for immutable and indelible data
- Configuring deduplication to the cloud with NetBackup Cloud Catalyst
- Using NetBackup Cloud Catalyst to upload deduplicated data to the cloud
- Configuring a Cloud Catalyst storage server for deduplication to the cloud
- MSDP cloud support
- About MSDP cloud support
- Monitoring deduplication activity
- Viewing MSDP job details
- Managing deduplication
- Managing MSDP servers
- Managing NetBackup Deduplication Engine credentials
- Managing Media Server Deduplication Pools
- Changing a Media Server Deduplication Pool properties
- Configuring MSDP data integrity checking behavior
- About MSDP storage rebasing
- Managing MSDP servers
- Recovering MSDP
- Replacing MSDP hosts
- Uninstalling MSDP
- Deduplication architecture
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting MSDP installation issues
- Troubleshooting MSDP configuration issues
- Troubleshooting MSDP operational issues
- Troubleshooting Cloud Catalyst issues
- Cloud Catalyst logs
- Problems encountered while using the Cloud Storage Server Configuration Wizard
- Disk pool problems
- Problems during cloud storage server configuration
- Cloud Catalyst troubleshooting tools
- Trouble shooting multi-domain issues
- Appendix A. Migrating to MSDP storage
Instant Access for cloud LSU is not supported.
Universal share for cloud LSU is not supported.
Accelerator for cloud LSU of AWS Glacier and Deep Archive is not supported.
Cloud DR for cloud LSU of AWS Glacier and Deep Archive is not supported if the storage server name changes.
AIR for cloud LSU of AWS Glacier and Deep Archive is not supported.
Classic AIR for cloud LSU as replication target is not supported.
Synthetic backup for cloud LSU of AWS Glacier and Deep Archive is not supported.
Snowball is not supported.
FIPS is not supported.
Multi-threaded Agent must be disabled when a Client-Direct backup is used by NetBackup clients that have NetBackup version earlier than 8.3.
If you select a load balancing media server that has NetBackup version earlier than 8.3, then the cloud LSUs are not listed. Even if you select cloud LSUs with media servers that have NetBackup version earlier than 8.3, the backups can fail.