Veritas NetBackup™ Deduplication Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup media server deduplication option
- Planning your deployment
- About MSDP storage and connectivity requirements
- About NetBackup media server deduplication
- About NetBackup Client Direct deduplication
- About MSDP remote office client deduplication
- About MSDP performance
- MSDP deployment best practices
- Provisioning the storage
- Licensing deduplication
- Configuring deduplication
- Configuring the Deduplication Multi-Threaded Agent behavior
- Configuring the MSDP fingerprint cache behavior
- Configuring MSDP fingerprint cache seeding on the storage server
- About MSDP Encryption using KMS service
- Configuring a storage server for a Media Server Deduplication Pool
- Configuring a disk pool for deduplication
- Configuring a Media Server Deduplication Pool storage unit
- About MSDP optimized duplication within the same domain
- Configuring MSDP optimized duplication within the same NetBackup domain
- Configuring MSDP replication to a different NetBackup domain
- About NetBackup Auto Image Replication
- Configuring a target for MSDP replication to a remote domain
- Creating a storage lifecycle policy
- Resilient Network properties
- Editing the MSDP pd.conf file
- About protecting the MSDP catalog
- Configuring an MSDP catalog backup
- Configuring deduplication to the cloud with NetBackup CloudCatalyst
- Using NetBackup CloudCatalyst to upload deduplicated data to the cloud
- Configuring a CloudCatalyst storage server for deduplication to the cloud
- Monitoring deduplication activity
- Viewing MSDP job details
- Managing deduplication
- Managing MSDP servers
- Managing NetBackup Deduplication Engine credentials
- Managing Media Server Deduplication Pools
- Changing a Media Server Deduplication Pool properties
- Configuring MSDP data integrity checking behavior
- About MSDP storage rebasing
- Managing MSDP servers
- Recovering MSDP
- Replacing MSDP hosts
- Uninstalling MSDP
- Deduplication architecture
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting MSDP installation issues
- Troubleshooting MSDP configuration issues
- Troubleshooting MSDP operational issues
- Troubleshooting CloudCatalyst issues
- CloudCatalyst logs
- Problems encountered while using the Cloud Storage Server Configuration Wizard
- Disk pool problems
- Problems during cloud storage server configuration
- CloudCatalyst troubleshooting tools
- Appendix A. Migrating to MSDP storage
NetBackup seedutil options
The following is the usage statement for the seedutil utility:
seedutil [-v log_level] [-seed -sclient source_client_name -spolicy policy_name -dclient destination_client_name [-backupid backup_id]] [-clear client_name] [-clear_all] [-list_clients] [-list_images client_name] [-help]
The following items describe the options:
The backup ID from which to copy the data for seeding.
Clear the contents of the seed directory specified by the client_name.
Clear the contents of all of the seed directories.
The name of the new client for which you are seeding the data.
Display help for the command.
List all of the clients that have been configured for seeding.
List the contents of the seeding directory for the specified client.
The client from which to copy the data for seeding.
NetBackup treats long and short host names differently, so ensure that you use the client name as it appears in the policy that backs it up.
The NetBackup policy that backed up the client that you want to use for the seeding data.
The log level.
The following are the directories in which the command resides: