Veritas NetBackup™ Administrator's Guide, Volume II
- NetBackup licensing models and the nbdeployutil utility
- About NetBackup licensing models
- About the capacity licensing model
- nbdeployutil utility options
- Creating and viewing the licensing report
- After creating a traditional licensing report
- After creating a capacity licensing report
- Reconciling the capacity licensing report results
- Additional configuration
- About dynamic host name and IP addressing
- About busy file processing on UNIX clients
- About the Shared Storage Option
- About configuring the Shared Storage Option in NetBackup
- Viewing SSO summary reports
- About the vm.conf configuration file
- Holds Management
- Menu user interfaces on UNIX
- About the tpconfig device configuration utility
- About the NetBackup Disk Configuration Utility
- Reference topics
- Host name rules
- About reading backup images with nbtar or tar32.exe
- Factors that affect backup time
- NetBackup notify scripts
- Media and device management best practices
- About TapeAlert
- About tape drive cleaning
- How NetBackup reserves drives
- About SCSI persistent reserve
- About the SPC-2 SCSI reserve process
- About checking for data loss
- About checking for tape and driver configuration errors
- How NetBackup selects media
- About selecting media in robots
- About selecting media in standalone drives
- About Tape I/O commands on UNIX
NetBackup passes the following parameters to the script:
Specifies the name of the client from the NetBackup catalog.
Specifies the policy name from the NetBackup catalog.
Specifies the schedule name from the NetBackup catalog.
Specifies one of the following: FULL, INCR (differential incremental), CINC (cumulative incremental), UBAK, UARC
Specifies the exit code for the entire backup job.
Specifies the stream number; it's always -1.
Specifies that if the job starts normally, the stream count indicates how may streams were started.
Verifies the number of streams that complete and run backup_exit_notify. If a failure occurs that makes it impossible to start any streams, a stream count of -1 is returned.