Veritas InfoScale™ 7.3.1 Getting Started Guide - Linux
- Veritas InfoScale products overview
- Installation and configuration of Veritas InfoScale products
- Patching and updating
- Appendix A. Where to find more information
Obtaining installer patches
You can access public installer patches automatically or manually on the Veritas Services and Operations Readiness Tools (SORT) website's Patch Finder page at:
To download installer patches automatically
- If you are running Veritas InfoScale version 7.0 or later, and your system has Internet access, the installer automatically imports any needed installer patch, and begins using it.
Automatically downloading installer patches requires the installer to make outbound networking calls. You can also disable external network connection attempts.
If your system does not have Internet access, you can download installer patches manually.
To download installer patches manually
- Go to the Veritas Services and Operations Readiness Tools (SORT) website's Patch Finder page, and save the most current patch on your local system.
- Navigate to the directory where you want to unzip the file you downloaded in step 1.
- Unzip the patch tar file. For example, run the following command:
# gunzip cpi-7.3.1P2-patches.tar.gz
- Untar the file. For example, enter the following:
# tar -xvf cpi-7.3.1P2-patches.tar patches/ patches/CPI7.3.1P2.pl README
- Navigate to the installation media or to the installation directory.
- To start using the patch, run the installer command with the -require option. For example, enter the following:
# ./installer -require /target_directory/patches/CPI7.3.1P2.pl