Veritas NetBackup™ Upgrade Guide
- About changes in NetBackup 8.2
- Planning for an upgrade
- General upgrade planning information
- About upgrade tools
- Upgrade operational notes and limitations
- Master server upgrade
- Media server upgrade
- MSDP upgrade for NetBackup
- Client upgrade
- NetBackup Deployment Management with VxUpdate
- Appendix A. Reference
Upgrading UNIX and Linux clients with the NetBackup upgrade script
Use the following procedure to upgrade to NetBackup 8.2 on UNIX and Linux clients:
To upgrade UNIX and Linux clients with the NetBackup upgrade script:
- Log in to the client as root.
- Navigate to where the ESD images (downloaded files) reside and enter the command shown:
- When the following message appears press Enter to continue:
Veritas Installation Script Copyright (c) 2019 Veritas Technologies LLC. All rights reserved. Installing NetBackup Client Software Please review the VERITAS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT located on the installation media before proceeding. The agreement includes details on the NetBackup Product Improvement Program. For NetBackup installation and upgrade information specific to your platform and to find out if your installed EEBs or hot fixes are contained in this release, check the Installation and Upgrade checklists and the Hot Fix and EEB Release Auditor, both available on the Veritas Services and Operations Readiness Tools (SORT) page: https://sort.veritas.com/netbackup. Do you wish to continue? [y,n] (y)
- After NetBackup checks for required system conditions, press Enter to continue.
Do you want to install the NetBackup client software for this client? [y,n] (y)
- (Conditional) If your environment uses NetBackup Certificate Authority, the installer retrieves certificate details and prompts you to confirm the information. After you confirm the certificate authority information, you are prompted for authorization token information.
- If your environment uses an external certificate authority, provide the external certificate authority information at the prompts shown:
Enter the certificate file path or q to skip security configuration: /usr/eca/cert_chain.pem Enter the trust store location or q to skip security configuration: /usr/eca/trusted/cacerts.pem Enter the private key path or q to skip security configuration: /usr/eca/private/key.pem Enter the passphrase file path or q to skip security configuration (default: NONE): /usr/eca/private/passphrase.txt
Be aware the passphrase file path is optional.
- If there are no problems, the installer exits without error.