Veritas Enterprise Vault™ Guide for Microsoft Outlook Users (Full Outlook Add-In)
- Introducing Veritas Enterprise Vault
- Setting up Enterprise Vault
- Enterprise Vault options and mailbox icons
- Working with archived items
- Storing and restoring items
- Managing Enterprise Vault archiving
- PST file migration
Configuring Windows Search
Follow the steps below to determine whether your administrator has set up Enterprise Vault so that Windows Search is enabled automatically for use with your Vault Cache and Virtual Vault. You can also use this procedure to configure Windows Search, if required.
To check the Windows Search options
- Open the Control Panel and then click indexing options.
- In the Indexing Options dialog box, click Modify.
The Indexed Locations appear. (The following figure shows the Windows 7 version of the Indexed Locations.)
- In the Change selected locations list, ensure that the entry for your Virtual Vault is selected. In addition, if the Veritas Vault Cache location appears in the list, ensure that it is selected.
- Click OK.
- Close the Indexing Options dialog box.
When your computer is idle, Windows Search updates its index to include the items in your Vault Cache.