Veritas NetBackup™ Appliance Upgrade Guide
- Upgrade planning
- Performing the upgrade
- Methods for downloading appliance software release updates
- Post upgrade tasks
- NetBackup client upgrades with VxUpdate
Downloading software updates to a NetBackup appliance using a client share
Use this procedure to download the software release updates or client packages to an appliance using a CIFS or an NFS client share.
For high availability (HA) setups, you only need to download the package to one node. After you complete the package download on the first node, see step 8 for details to make the package available on the other node.
If downloading the software updates directly to the appliance fails, use this method to download the appliance software release update or client package onto the appliance.
Perform this method from a computer that is connected to the appliance and that also has Internet access. Internet access is needed to download the files or packages from the Veritas Download Center.
To download software release updates or client packages to the appliance using a CIFS or an NFS client share:
- Open an SSH session and log on to the appliance as an administrator using the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu.
- To open an NFS or a CIFS share, enter the following command:
Main_Menu > Manage > Software > Share Open
- Map or mount the appliance share directory as follows:
Windows CIFS share
UNIX NFS share
mkdir -p /mount/<appliance-name>
- Go to the Veritas Download Center website and download the following items:
NetBackup Appliance 188.8.131.52 release update package
NetBackup 184.108.40.206 client and add-on packages
- Copy the release update or client package to the mounted share.
During the copy process, do not run any commands on the appliance. Doing so can cause the copy operation to fail.
- After you have successfully copied the release update or client package into the mounted share, unmap or unmount the shared directory.
- On the appliance, enter the following command to close the NFS and the CIFS shares:
Main_Menu > Manage > Software > Share Close
If you run any of the following commands before you close the share, the downloaded release update or client package is moved from the share directory location to its proper location. However, you must still run the Share Close command to ensure that the NFS and the CIFS shares are closed.
List Details All
List Details Base
- To list the available release updates or client packages on the appliance, enter the following command and note the name of the downloaded files:
Main_Menu > Manage > Software > List Downloaded
Running this command validates and moves the release update or the client package from the share directory to its proper location. You are not notified that this move has occurred.
After you run this command on the HA node with the downloaded package, run the command on the other node to make it available on that node.