Veritas InfoScale™ 8.0 Installation and Upgrade Guide - Windows
- Preinstallation and planning
- About InfoScale licenses
- Installing the Veritas InfoScale products
- Upgrading to InfoScale products
- Preparing the systems for an upgrade
- Performing the product upgrade
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a non-clustered environment
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a Windows Server Failover Cluster environment
- Upgrading SFW HA
- Performing the post upgrade tasks
- Administering the InfoScale product installation
- Uninstalling the InfoScale products
- Performing application upgrades in an InfoScale environment
- Upgrading Microsoft SQL Server
- Upgrading Oracle
- Configuring the Oracle database and listener to use the virtual IP address
- Upgrading application service packs in an InfoScale environment
- Appendix A. Services and ports
- Appendix B. Migrating from a third-party multi-pathing solution to DMP
About the Veritas InfoScale product suite
Veritas InfoScale products address enterprise IT service continuity needs. They provide resiliency and software defined storage for critical services across your data center infrastructure.
The Veritas InfoScale product suite offers the following products:
Veritas InfoScale Foundation simplifies the management of storage across the data center, with an efficient application-aware storage management solution. This product works across heterogeneous storage and server environments.
The following figure depicts the components that Veritas InfoScale Foundation offers.
Veritas InfoScale Availability is a comprehensive high availability and disaster recovery solution that protects critical business services from planned and unplanned downtime. The critical business services include individual databases, custom applications, and complex multi-tiered applications, which may span across physical and virtual environments and over any distance.
The following figure depicts the components that Veritas InfoScale Availability offers.
Veritas InfoScale Storage provides a high-performance storage management solution that maximizes storage efficiency, data availability, operating system agility, and performance. This product works across heterogeneous server and storage environments.
The following figure depicts the components that Veritas InfoScale Storage offers.
Veritas InfoScale Enterprise provides a powerful combination of comprehensive storage management and application availability. This product helps you to increase performance, flexibility, and efficiency in your data center. With built-in application acceleration, Veritas InfoScale Enterprise lets you optimize data efficiently across heterogeneous storage or server environments and recover applications instantly from downtime. This product delivers unmatched performance and protection for business-critical applications across physical, virtual, or cloud deployments.
The following figure depicts the components that Veritas InfoScale Enterprise offers.