Veritas NetBackup™ Release Notes
- About NetBackup 188.8.131.52
- New features, enhancements, and changes
- NetBackup 184.108.40.206 new features, changes, and enhancements
- Operational notes
- NetBackup installation and upgrade operational notes
- NetBackup administration and general operational notes
- NetBackup administration interface operational notes
- NetBackup Bare Metal Restore operational notes
- NetBackup Cloud operational notes
- NetBackup with Veritas CloudPoint operational notes
- NetBackup deduplication operational notes
- NetBackup internationalization and localization operational notes
- NetBackup for NDMP operational notes
- NetBackup Snapshot Client operational notes
- NetBackup virtualization operational notes
- Appendix A. About SORT for NetBackup Users
- Appendix B. NetBackup installation requirements
- Appendix C. NetBackup compatibility requirements
- Appendix D. Other NetBackup documentation and related documents
Media servers cannot access the virtualization server, fails with status code 200
Consider the following scenario:
NetBackup is enabled to support NAT clients.
An STU is created using the NetBackup Administration Console.
You create a protection plan for VMware backup using the NetBackup web UI.
You provide a backup host that has access to virtualization server.
You assign the protection plan to a VMware asset.
You check the policy that is created as part of the subscription.
The correct VMware backup host appears on the VMware tab in the NetBackup Administration Console, but the option is set to Backup Media Server. The media server cannot access the virtualization server, and the backup fails with status code 200.
- Go to the NetBackup Administration Console > NetBackup Management > Policies.
- Select the appropriate policy in the right pane.
- In the Change Policy dialog box, select the Clients tab.
- Click the Select automatically through VMware Intelligent Policy query option.
- Select the required backup host from the NetBackup host to perform automatic virtual machine selection drop-down list.
- Click OK.