Veritas NetBackup™ Release Notes
- About NetBackup 8.1.2
- New features, enhancements, and changes
- NetBackup 8.1.2 new features, changes, and enhancements
- Operational notes
- NetBackup installation and upgrade operational notes
- NetBackup administration and general operational notes
- NetBackup administration interface operational notes
- NetBackup API operational notes
- NetBackup Bare Metal Restore operational notes
- NetBackup with Veritas CloudPoint operational notes
- NetBackup database and application agent operational notes
- NetBackup internationalization and localization operational notes
- NetBackup for NDMP operational notes
- NetBackup SAN Client and Fibre Transport operational notes
- NetBackup Snapshot Client operational notes
- NetBackup virtualization operational notes
- NetBackup for VMware operational notes
- NetBackup for VMware operational notes
- Appendix A. About SORT for NetBackup Users
- Appendix B. NetBackup installation requirements
- Appendix C. NetBackup compatibility requirements
- Appendix D. Other NetBackup documentation and related documents
- About NetBackup administration documents
RESTful APIs included in NetBackup 8.1.2
NetBackup 8.1.2 includes both updated and new RESTful application programming interfaces (APIs). These APIs provide a web-service-based interface that lets you configure and administer NetBackup in your environments.
The NetBackup APIs are not supported on environments where NetBackup Access Control (NBAC) is enabled.
NetBackup 8.1.2 includes the following APIs:
NetBackup Authentication API
Provides authentication by means of a JSON Web Token (JWT) that is used when making the API requests. The JWT is acquired by executing a login API request and can be invalidated by executing a logout API request.
NetBackup Administration API
Provides access to administrative operations in NetBackup. The APIs can get job details for a specific job or get a list of jobs based on filter criteria; restart or resume a job; suspend, cancel; or delete a job; get a job's file list; and get the job logs.
NetBackup Asset API (new)
Provides access to NetBackup asset information.
NetBackup Catalog API
Provides access to the NetBackup catalog to get details about backup images. The APIs can list backup images based on filters or get details for a specific backup image ID.
NetBackup Configuration API
Provides configuration and management controls for NetBackup hosts, NetBackup policies, WebSocket servers, and VM server credentials.
NetBackup Licensing API (new)
Provides details of FEDS consumption. The Front-end Terabytes (FETBs) consumption is provided for a single master server or for multiple trusted master servers. Details include consumption by policy type and the trend of capacity consumption.
NetBackup Manage API (new)
Provides access to the alerting operations. It can generate alerts, fetch alert details, and send alert notifications. The APIs also provide a facility to exclude the status codes for which you do not want to send alert notifications.
NetBackup Recovery API
Provides the ability to perform a recovery from previous backups.
NetBackup Role-based Access Control Administration API (new)
Provides access to NetBackup role-based access control (RBAC) configuration.
NetBackup Security API
Provides access to the security resources of NetBackup. The APIs manage authorization tokens, host ID-based certificates, security configuration options, and auditing.
NetBackup Storage API (new)
Provides access to the backup storage of the NetBackup master servers.
See the NetBackup API Reference documentation on SORT for more information. This HTML document is a reference tool that describes each API and its options.
Make sure to read the Getting Started section of the document.
To locate the NetBackup 8.1.2 API Reference on SORT
- From the SORT Home page, select KNOWLEDGE BASE > Documents.
- From the categories under Show documents for, select the following values:
Platform: Windows and UNIX
Document categories: All
Document languages: ALL
- Find NetBackup 8.1.2 in the list of NetBackup product versions and select Product guides.
- Select NetBackup 8.1.2 API Reference.
The following APIs that have been versioned in NetBackup 8.1.2. The previous version of these APIs is still supported if you specify the correct version.
See the NetBackup 8.1.2 API Reference on SORT for more information. Make sure to review the Versioning topic and the What's New topic in the Getting Started section.