Veritas NetBackup™ 52xx Appliance Initial Configuration Guide
- Preparing for initial configuration
- About NetBackup 52xx appliance roles
- About the NetBackup appliance initial configuration checklist
- Initial configuration procedures
- Post configuration procedures
About appliance system configuration sequence
If your system includes more than one appliance or a storage expansion unit, configuration must be done in a specific order.
The following describes the proper sequence for appliance configuration, based on the system components.
Table: Appliance configuration order
Single appliance system (standalone)
Configure the appliance as a master server.
Multiple appliance system (master server and media servers)
Systems that include a storage expansion unit
After all appliances have been configured, add the storage expansion unit to the server on which it is physically connected.