This article provides instructions for downloading and installing Veritas DLO - Desktop and Laptop Option
[ I ] Download Veritas Desktop and Laptop Option
Veritas Desktop and Laptop Option Trialware Download
Download using Veritas Download Center
a) Select the Downloads in Veritas Support Page
This will redirect you to Veritas Download Center
b) Select Product --> Desktop Laptop Option.
c) Select Version and click Explore.
d) Select Base and upgrade installers
e) Select Product to Download
f) Select Product and click Download.
[ II ] Install Veritas Desktop and Laptop Option
Before you install Veritas Desktop and Laptop Option, ensure that your computer meets the system requirements. Review the Readme file on the installation DVD for any known issues.
1. Double click on the "setup.exe" file from the DVD media to launch a Veritas Desktop and Laptop Option installation.
2. Review the Prerequisites and click Yes.
3. Click Next on Welcome to Product Installation screen to continue with the installation.
4. Select I accept to accept the License Agreement and click Next to continue with the installation.
5. Select features to Install: Required product features and options may be selected. Click Next to continue with the installation.
6. Select a Destination Folder to install Veritas Desktop and Laptop Option. By default, the location is C:\Program Files\Veritas\Veritas DLO\. It can be changed if required by clicking on the Change button. Click Next to continue.
7. Product Activation: Select Active product option to insert license key or Proceed with trial period and click Next.
8. Selecting SQL Instance : Select appropriate option and click Next.
- Local SQL Express 2014 SP3 instance (Default): Creates a new SQL instance for DLO and Dedupe database
- Existing local SQL Server instance: DLO and Dedupe database will be stored on existing local instance of SQL server
- Remote SQL Server Instance: DLO and Dedupe database will be stored on existing remote instance of SQL server
9. Enter the account for setting up SQL services and click Next.
10. Enter the account for setting up DLO services and click Next.
11. Click Install to begin the installation.
Note: The installation process may take several minutes to complete. During the process, the progress bar may not move for several minutes.
DLO service status, DLO Database status and DLO database version is displayed when you launch the DLO console for the first time after installation.
[ III ] Post-Install recommendations
1. Refer the Quick Reference Guide for DLO Installation and Configuration for any configuration or usage assistance.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):