Passwords can appear in clear text on screen in the NetBackup Appliance Web Console (web console) after the following sequence of events:
- Set and save the settings on the Alerts & Notifications page, either during the initial configuration or when making changes afterwards.
- Navigate back to the Alerts & Notifications page, but then access the "Web Developer console" in Firefox.
This problem exists in all NetBackup Appliance software versions from 2.7.3 to 3.1.2.
Note: This issue does not exist on the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu interfaces.
There is no specific error message for this issue.
Emergency Engineering Binaries (EEBs) are available to fix this vulnerability on the following NetBackup Appliance releases:
2.7.3, 3.0, 3.1, 3.1.1 and 3.1.2.
The links to download the EEBs are posted on the following Veritas portal: https://sort.veritas.com/patch_dp
Download and install the appropriate EEB for your version based on the following EEB file names:
Before installing the EEBs, note the following:
- To avoid an EEB installation failure, you must stop all NetBackup jobs before installing the EEB.
- A reboot is not required after EEB installation.
- If you upgrade your appliance after installing this EEB, you must reinstall the EEB that is associated with the upgraded software version.
For instructions on installing EEBs, refer to article number 000076512 by clicking the Related Articles link on this page.
Veritas Technologies LLC is aware that the above-mentioned issue is present in the current version(s) of the product(s) mentioned in this article. Veritas is committed to product quality and satisfied customers.
- This vulnerability will be fixed in the next NetBackup Appliance software version after the 3.1.2 release.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):