Veritas NetBackup™ Deduplication Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup media server deduplication option
- Planning your deployment
- About MSDP storage and connectivity requirements
- About NetBackup media server deduplication
- About NetBackup Client Direct deduplication
- About MSDP remote office client deduplication
- About MSDP performance
- MSDP deployment best practices
- Provisioning the storage
- Licensing deduplication
- Configuring deduplication
- Configuring the Deduplication Multi-Threaded Agent behavior
- Configuring the MSDP fingerprint cache behavior
- Configuring MSDP fingerprint cache seeding on the storage server
- Configuring a storage server for a Media Server Deduplication Pool
- Configuring a disk pool for deduplication
- Configuring a Media Server Deduplication Pool storage unit
- About MSDP optimized duplication within the same domain
- Configuring MSDP optimized duplication within the same NetBackup domain
- Configuring MSDP replication to a different NetBackup domain
- About NetBackup Auto Image Replication
- Configuring a target for MSDP replication to a remote domain
- Creating a storage lifecycle policy
- Resilient Network properties
- Editing the MSDP pd.conf file
- About protecting the MSDP catalog
- Configuring an MSDP catalog backup
- Configuring deduplication to the cloud with NetBackup CloudCatalyst
- Using NetBackup CloudCatalyst to upload deduplicated data to the cloud
- Configuring a CloudCatalyst storage server for deduplication to the cloud
- Monitoring deduplication activity
- Viewing MSDP job details
- Managing deduplication
- Managing MSDP servers
- Managing NetBackup Deduplication Engine credentials
- Managing Media Server Deduplication Pools
- Changing a Media Server Deduplication Pool properties
- Configuring MSDP data integrity checking behavior
- About MSDP storage rebasing
- Managing MSDP servers
- Recovering MSDP
- Replacing MSDP hosts
- Uninstalling MSDP
- Deduplication architecture
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting MSDP installation issues
- Troubleshooting MSDP configuration issues
- Troubleshooting MSDP operational issues
- Troubleshooting CloudCatalyst issues
- CloudCatalyst logs
- Problems encountered while using the Cloud Storage Server Configuration Wizard
- Disk pool problems
- Problems during cloud storage server configuration
- CloudCatalyst troubleshooting tools
- Appendix A. Migrating to MSDP storage
Creating a backup policy
The easiest method to set up a backup policy is to use the Policy Configuration Wizard. This wizard guides you through the setup process by automatically choosing the best values for most configurations.
Not all policy configuration options are presented through the wizard. For example, calendar-based scheduling and the Data Classification setting. After the policy is created, modify the policy in the Policies utility to configure the options that are not part of the wizard.
Use the following procedure to create a backup policy with the Policy Configuration Wizard.
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, in the left pane, click NetBackup Management.
- In the right pane, click Create a Policy to begin the Policy Configuration Wizard.
- Select File systems, databases, applications.
- Click Next to start the wizard and follow the prompts.
Clickon any wizard panel for assistance while running the wizard.
Use the following procedure to create a backup policy in the NetBackup Administration Console without using the Policy Configuration Wizard.
To create a policy without the Policy Configuration Wizard
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, in the left pane, expand NetBackup Management > Policies.
- On the Actions menu, click New > Policy.
- Type a unique name for the new policy in the Add a New Policy dialog box.
- If necessary, clear the Use Policy Configuration Wizard check box.
- Click OK.
- Configure the attributes, the schedules, the clients, and the backup selections for the new policy.