NetBackup™ for HCL Domino Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Domino
- Installing NetBackup for Domino
- Configuring NetBackup for Domino
- Configuring Notes fast restores
- Configuring host properties for a Notes client
- About configuring a backup policy for a Notes database
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for Domino policy
- Adding backup selections to a Notes policy
- Performing backups and restore of Notes databases
- Performing a user-directed backup of a Notes database
- Restoring a Notes database
- Domino clustering
- Domino partitioned servers
- Domino server multiple installations (UNIX or Linux)
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for Domino
- About NetBackup for Domino debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
About the features for NetBackup for Domino
NetBackup for Domino provides online backups and restores of Notes databases and individual mailboxes when Domino server has been installed. This capability is provided as an add-on or extension to the NetBackup client software.
Table: Features of NetBackup for Domino
Tight NetBackup integration
Tight integration with NetBackup indicates the following:
Administrators can define Notes policies, back up and restore Notes databases, and back up and restore archive-style transaction log extents from a central location.
Notes database backups are saved directly to a wide variety of storage devices that the NetBackup master server supports.
Administrators can set up schedules for automatic, unattended backups for local or remote clients across the network. These backups can be full or incremental and are managed entirely by the NetBackup server from a central location. The administrator also can manually back up clients.
An administrator that uses the NetBackup client can browse Notes database and mailbox backups and select the ones to restore.
Redirected restores of databases
Backups can be restored a different path.
NetBackup for Domino takes advantage of the ability of Domino to log transactions against one or more databases and mailboxes. Transaction logging may be circular style, linear style, or archive style.
Point in time recovery
Transaction logging enables NetBackup for Domino to perform a point-in-time recovery of a logged databases and mailboxes.
Compression of backups
Compression increases backup performance over the network and reduces the size of the backup image that is stored on the disk or tape. This feature is only supported for
Checkpoint restart for backup jobs
With checkpoint restart, NetBackup retries a failed backup from the last checkpoint rather than restart the entire job. With this feature, the NetBackup administrator can also pause a job and resume it later.
Backups of Domino Partitioned Server
Administrators can back up databases from a partitioned Domino server.
(UNIX or Linux) Backups of multiple Domino installations
Administrators can back up databases within multiple Domino installations.