NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites and things to consider before using Nutanix for AHV
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Configuring secure communication between the Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor server and NetBackup host
- Managing SSL certificates through ECA framework
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup primary server
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and recovery
- Back up the Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Overview of the Nutanix AHV virtual machines recovery process
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the command line for Hypervisor policy
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
Protect AHV using NetBackup
Virtual infrastructure is one of the key components of today's modern data centers. The ability to back up and restore your virtual machines is essential. It maintains business continuity and deliver superior high availability and disaster recovery (HA-DR) solutions to meet stringent service level agreements.
Veritas NetBackup, in addition to VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Red Hat Virtualization, lets you back up and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines.
You can protect the Nutanix AHV virtual machines using the Hypervisor backup policy.
With NetBackup version 8.3, the Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) plug-in for Hypervisor policy is installed as part of the NetBackup installation.
Starting from version 8.3, NetBackup supports incremental backups for the Nutanix AHV virtual machines.
Starting from NetBackup 8.3, you cannot create new BigData policies to protect your Nutanix AHV VMs.
Table: High-level steps to protect the Nutanix AHV virtual machines using the Hypervisor policy
Sub-steps and links to the sections
Understand NetBackup, Hypervisor policy, and AHV
About the Hypervisor backup policy
Migrating an existing BigData policy to Hypervisor policy
Read the prerequisites, and things to consider before using the NetBackup for AHV plug-in
Establish communication between NetBackup and the Nutanix components
Configure secure communication between Nutanix AHV and NetBackup.
Add the Nutanix Acropolis cluster credentials to the NetBackup primary server.
Add the name of the backup host to relevant file system allowed lists on the Prism web console and the NetBackup primary server.
Create a backup policy
Create a backup policy
Protect the Nutanix AHV virtual machines
Backup the virtual machines.