Veritas NetBackup™ Release Notes
- About NetBackup 9.0
- New features, enhancements, and changes
- NetBackup 9.0 new features, changes, and enhancements
- Operational notes
- NetBackup installation and upgrade operational notes
- NetBackup administration and general operational notes
- NetBackup administration interface operational notes
- NetBackup Bare Metal Restore operational notes
- NetBackup Cloud operational notes
- NetBackup with Veritas CloudPoint operational notes
- NetBackup database and application agent operational notes
- NetBackup deduplication operational notes
- NetBackup for NDMP operational notes
- NetBackup internationalization and localization operational notes
- NetBackup Snapshot Client operational notes
- NetBackup virtualization operational notes
- Appendix A. About SORT for NetBackup Users
- Appendix B. NetBackup installation requirements
- Appendix C. NetBackup compatibility requirements
- Appendix D. Other NetBackup documentation and related documents
About Veritas Services and Operations Readiness Tools
Veritas Services and Operations Readiness Tools (SORT) is a robust set of standalone and web-based tools that support Veritas enterprise products. For NetBackup, SORT provides the ability to collect, analyze, and report on host configurations across UNIX/Linux or Windows environments. This data is invaluable when you want to assess if your systems are ready for an initial NetBackup installation or for an upgrade.
Access SORT from the following webpage:
Once you get to the SORT page, more information is available as follows:
Installation and Upgrade Checklist
Use this tool to create a checklist to see if your system is ready for a NetBackup installation or an upgrade. This report contains all the software and the hardware compatibility information specific to the information provided. The report also includes product installation or upgrade instructions, as well as links to other references.
Hot fix and EEB Release Auditor
Use this tool to find out whether a release that you plan to install contains the hot fixes that you need.
Use this tool to get recommendations for your system and Veritas enterprise products.
NetBackup Future Platform and Feature Plans
Use this tool to get information about what items Veritas intends to replace with newer and improved functionality. The tool also provides insight about what items Veritas intends to discontinue without replacement. Some of these items include certain NetBackup features, functionality, 3rd-party product integration, Veritas product integration, applications, databases, and the OS platforms.
Help for the SORT tools is available. Clickin the upper right corner of the SORT home page. You have the option to:
Page through the contents of the help similar to a book
Look for topics in the index
Search the help with the search option