After a successful GRT/brick-level (single mailbox) restore, the restored mail items are not displayed in the e-mail client and all the default folders at the Top of Information Store appear in English instead of the original language in which they were backed up.
Exchange beremote shows these errors but restore completes successfully :
 2012-09-25T14:59:13.457 [fsys\mb2] - SendSeedMSG: Faied on remote server 80004003.
 2012-09-25T14:59:13.457 [fsys\mb2] - SendSeedMSG FAILED! RC = 0x00000000
A mailbox was created and was accessed by a non-English MAPI e-mail client and thus all default folders at the Top of Information Store (Inbox, Outbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Contacts, Journal, etc) were in that client's language. A brick level backup was performed on that mailbox. The mailbox was deleted, and then recreated for the purpose of restore. The Non-English mail client did not access the mailbox before the restore. The restore job was launched and terminated successfully. Upon opening the mailbox using the non-English mail client, none of the restored mail items appeared and all the default folders were in English rather than the original language in which they were backed up.
If one is no longer sure which language version initially accessed a mailbox, go the Restore Selections and expand the appropriate mailbox. The language version of Top of Information Store will indicate which language version was initially used. In Figure 1, the Top of Information Store is reported in German, which means that a German e-mail Client was used (either Outlook or Exchange Client).
This solution is also applicable to redirected single mailbox restores.
A) If the above procedure for creating a Non-English Top of Information Store does not work, the following procedure can be used to move the affected mails from one folder to the other:
1. Download and install the latest version of MFCMAPI from this link : http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com/
3. Once Logged in, select Session > Logon and Display Store Table - this should display the mailbox of the user.
4. Double click on the same and drill down to where it shows the Folder Hierarchy and you see the Non-English "Top of Information Store" as well as the English one.
5. Now expand the Non-English Top of Information Store and double click on the Inbox folder. This should open another window displaying all the emails in the Inbox.
6. Select All, right click and choose "Copy Messages". Now close this window.
7. Expand the English Top of Information Store and double click on the Inbox folder. Right click and select "Paste Messages".
8. Another prompt will be generated giving the option to select "MESSAGE_MOVE". We need to select this option to move the Messages across to the new Folder. Do not change any other setting and click on OK.
9. This will move the messages from the Non-English Inbox to the English Inbox. Once this is done, test if the content of the Inbox is now accessible through Outlook, OWA.
10. We need to do this for the rest of the Folders to move the contents from the under the Non-English Top of Information Store to the folders under the English Top of Information Store.
B) The Exchange Agent of Backup Exec 2012 now provides the ability to restore mailbox or public folder items into PST files, which can be opened in Outlook or distributed to users.