How to do a redirected restore of an Exchange 2003 /2007/2010 Mailbox
In order to perform redirect restore of Exchange Mailbox, make sure the following requirements have been met:
- Redirect restore only works from one active mailbox to another active mailbox. If a new mailbox is created for the purpose of restore, make sure the newly created mailbox user can send and receive emails.
- While doing the redirect restore, make sure the Exchange Server name, Login credentials, and Mailbox name are specified correctly per what shows below.
- Check Redirect Exchange sets to enable the Restore to server and Server logon account fields.
- Enter the name of the computer to restore to, using the format \\server name and change the Server logon account credentials, if required.
- Check Redirect mailboxes or public folders to enable the options to redirect mailbox backup sets or public folder backup sets. And Specify the display name of the mailbox in Restore to mailbox section.
- Under Settings -> Microsoft Exchange, Check When restoring individual mail messages and folders, restore over existing messages and folders, if required to replace an existing item with the message or folder (For more information, refer to related documents).
- Run the restore job.