How to move File System Archiving (FSA) to a new server with the same name
1. Stop the FSA task on the Enterprise Vault (EV) Server.
2. Backup the server that is being replaced.
Items to backup include:
• KVS registry key structure
On a 32 bit operating system (OS), this can be found under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS
On a 64 bit OS, this can be found under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KVS
• File system, including placeholders
NOTE: Not all Backup software can properly backup Placeholders.
As such, the use of the FSAUtility to recreate Placeholders may be necessary.
This process begins at step 8.
Ensure the new server has the same name and drive letters as the original server.
4. Restore file system to the new server.
5. Install the FSA agent on the new server.
6. Restore the KVS registry key structure
If migrating from a 32 bit OS to a 64 bit OS, ensure the registry key structure is restored to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KVS
7. Restart the FSA task on the EV Server.
8. If the backup software was not able to backup Offline Files, once the file system has been restored, the Placeholders will need to be recreated. To do this, continue to step 9 or refer to Technote TECH68672, found under 'Related Documents'.
9. Open a command prompt and change directory to the EV install path. This is by default, C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault on a 32 bit OS and C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault on a 64 bit OS
10. Run the following command to recreate placeholders:
FSAUtility -c -s \\unc_path_name\folder_name