If manually running Storage Expiry then the following can be used as a workaround.
Set Process Vault Stores to Selected times in the site properties.
1. Right-click on the EV Site name and choose Properties.
2. Click on the Storage Expiry tab.
3. Set Process Vault Stores to Selected times.
NOTE: It is not necessary to select any times for Storage Expiry to process the vault stores. This will still require that it be run manually using Run Now, but it will allow for the deletion to process fully during the running of the task.
4. Click OK and restart the EV Admin Service.
5. Run the archive task manually or allow it to process the shortcuts during the next scheduled archive run.
These steps should allow the shortcuts that were orphaned by Storage Expiry to be removed properly.
There are currently no plans to address this issue by way of a cumulative hotfix or service pack in the current or previous versions of the software at the present time. This issue may be resolved in a future major revision of the software at a later time, but is not scheduled for any release. If you feel this issue has a direct business impact for you and your continued use of the product, please contact your Symantec Sales representative or the Symantec Sales group to discuss these concerns. For information on how to contact Symantec Sales, please see http://www.symantec.com.