"One or more databases for this storage group is offline" or
"database was not found and could not be backed up" or
"One or more of the databases for this storage group are currently dismounted" appears in the job log when backing up Exchange Information Store.
0xe000ff02 - One or more of the databases for this storage group are currently dismounted. This backup is incomplete. Make sure that all the databases are mounted, and then resubmit the job.
V-79-57344-65282 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
This above error may appear in the job log while performing an Exchange Information Store backup.
The above error would occur if one or more condition matches as below:
- When using Exchange 2007 this error will occur if any of the Mailbox/Public Folder Databases in the selected Storage Group are dismounted when a snapshot backup of Exchange runs (regardless if the dismounted database is selected or excluded in the backup selection list).
- If a selection of an Exchange Storage Group is made that does not have any databases associated with the Storage Group, this error will occur.
- If the System Logon Account (SLA) on the media server does not have a mailbox. It will fail the job, when it is in fact successful and all items can be viewed and are restorable.
- If the backup selection list includes an Exchange storage group that has been decommissioned and deleted. In this situation, the old storage group will no longer be visible in the View by Resource tab of backup selections.
- If there are delays in communication with the Domain Controllers during a backup.
- When using Exchange 2007 this error will occur if Backup Exec Remote Agent on Exchange server missing updates.
- If VSS is configured to take scheduled system snapshots of a volume as well as using Backup Exec to backup this same volume... the system snapshot process may not relinquish control or release VSS writers. System snapshots of the volumes may need to be disabled to permanently resolve this issue.
For condition 2. Deselect the empty Storage Group.
For condition 3. Create a mailbox for the media server's SLA or change the SLA to an account with sufficient rights that already has got a mailbox.
For condition 5. Extend the MonadRpcTimeOut value to 3600 decimal.