Need to restore a SQL database without overwriting it.
- Create a new Restore Job, Select Microsoft SQL Server databases and click Next.
- Select the database to be restored with a new name and click Next.
- Select “To the latest available backup set time” and click Next.
- Select “Redirect the data to a different SQL Server instance and/or database name”. Unless the restore needs to be performed to a different server or instance, leave the SQL server or instance filed blank and click Next.
- Enter the name for the new database to be created and click Next.
- Do not select any option and click Next.
- Select the consistency check to perform on the process and click Next.
- If no additional tasks are required, leave the defaults and click Next.
- Type in a name to identify this job and click Next.
- Verify the job settings in the Summary and click Finish.
- Once the job has been completed, to verify that the database was properly restored, click in One-Time Backup as if a new backup job was to be created and find the new database in the selection list entry for the SQL instance where the restore took place.