Communication to the Database Availability Group (DAG) or nodes are failing.
Cannot communicate with the DAG or node name due to name resolution issues
1. On the master and media servers run install_path\veritas\netbackup\bin\admincmd\bptestbpcd -client DAGname (/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bptestbpcd -client DAGname) -do we communicate?
If yes, go to step 4. If no, see step 2.
2. Can you ping DAGname?
If yes, see step 3.
If no, resolve communication to the DAGname. Is the cluster down? Does nslookup resolve properly? If name resolution does not work, update DNS forward and reverse name lookup or update host files.
3. Do you have a firewall? Confirm ports 13782, 13724, and 1556 are opened to and from the Exchange server DAGname. Use telnet to confirm. If ports are opened, see step 4.
4. Is Netbackup installed on all of the Exchange servers? If not, install on all servers. **The Backup, Archive and Restore needs to have the node names in the host property clients.** Minimum of Netbackup 7.0.1. to resolve all known issues with status 26. Please reference the Netbackup 7.x Database compatibility guide (http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126904)
5. Is the DAGname in the policy the same as what Exchange sees? Open the Exchange Management Console - Expand Organization Management - highlight Mailbox - select the "Database Availibility Group" tab. Is the name in there the same name used in the policy? If no, change policy to point to that name. If yes, continue to step 6.
6. If the DAGname is communicating, verify we can talk to all nodes in the DAG.
Repeat Steps 1-3 for all nodes of the DAG **Even if you are only backing up the passive node copy, Netbackup has to communicate with the Active node. Verify the passive node copy is healthy. When the job completes the Active copy is notified to truncate the log files.**
7. Verify the node names we are using matches what is in Exchange - Open the Exchange Management Console - Expand Organization Management - highlight Mailbox - select the "Database Management" tab
8. In the Nebackup Admin Console - Expand Host Properties - Master Servers - In the properties of your Master Server - Highlight Distributed Application Restore Mapping - Add entries to point the application host (DAGname) to the component host (Nodename). You need an entry for each Exchange Server in the DAG. So if you have 2 nodes, for example, you will have 2 entries.